At ISC'19, NEXTGenIO members Hans-Christian Hoppe (Intel Datacenter Group) and Michèle Weiland (EPCC, University of Edinburgh), along with Kathryn Mohror of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, presented a BoF discussing use cases and requirements for next-generation multi-level storage/memory systems, present proof of concept prototype results, and system software and tools development.
The slides from this BoF are available below:
- Challenges facing emerging workloads in the age of tiered-everything - Glenn K. Lockwood, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Building a hierarchical storage platform for the extreme data era - Sai Narasimhamurthy, Seagate
- Memory Technologies and the Impact on System Architecture - Steve Pawlowski, Micron Technology, Inc.
- A Novel Tool for Data Placement in Multi-Level Memory Hierarchies - Antonio J. Peña, BSC
- Non-Volatile Memory for Next Generation I/O - Michèle Weiland, EPCC